What is it?
Orthopedics is a branch of medicine dealing with the medical conditions that affect the musculoskeletal system of the human body. The orthopedic specialists usually treat their patients suffering from the following using either non-surgical or surgical treatment options.
- Musculoskeletal trauma,
- Spine diseases,
- Sports injuries,
- Degenerative diseases,
- Congenital Disorders
Common Orthopedic Issues
There are several types of problems that can affect the musculoskeletal system and some of the more common orthopedic problems are:
- Arthritis - there are two main types:
- Osteoarthritis is a degenerative disease where the cartilage wears out and breaks down
- Rheumatoid Arthritis can lead to joint inflammation.
- Elbow Pain and other common problems are:
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome causes pain in the funny bone or the ulnar nerve whenever it is hit as the ulnar nerve is compressed.
- Tennis Elbow is the condition where overuse leads to the inflammation of the tendon present on the lateral side of the elbow.
- Golfer’s Elbow is the condition when pain is experienced in the inside of the elbow due to damaged tendons.
- Foot Pain and Problems
The improper foot function, poorly fitting footwear et al can cause some of the following foot problems:
- Ankle Sprain occurs when the ankle rolls leading to ligament tears.
- Bunion is a bone or tissue protrusion found around the joint.
- Corn is a yellow, callus growth usually found on top of the toes.
- Heel Spur is a bone growth found on the heel bone.
- Morton Neuroma is the buildup of benign tissue in the nerves running between the long bones of the foot.
- Hammertoe is the toe that buckles up causing the middle toe to poke out.
- Foot Fractures are some of the common fractures that affect the footlike ankle joint fractures, metatarsal bone fractures etc.
- Fractures occur when the bone either breaks partially or completely and there are 2 types of fractures:
- Open Fracture or complex fractures
- Closed Fractures or simple fractures
- Hand pain is usually caused by
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is when the median nerve that passes through the carpal tunnel gets compressed.
- Knee Pain and some of the problems are:
- Ligament Injuries are caused when the ligament is damaged usually from a blow to the knee resulting in pain and swelling
- Meniscal Tear is the tearing of the Menisci or cartilage due to a trauma caused to the knee
- Tendonitis occurs due to overuse leading to the inflammation of the tendons
- Neck Pain and its problems usually result from injury, age-related, inflammatory diseases, herniated cervical disk etc.
- Osteoporosis is the weakening of the bone leading to broken bones.
- Shoulder Pain and some of the common shoulder problems are:
- Shoulder Dislocation: is the displacement of the joint ball from the shoulder joint socket.
- Separation of the AC joint: occurs when the ligaments that are attached to the collarbone are partially torn or completely torn from the shoulder blade.
- Bursitis: is the inflammation of the bursa sacs protecting the shoulder usually due to tendonitis and impingement syndrome.
- Shoulder Impingement Syndrome: is the inflammation of the rotator cuff tendons usually caused due to the excess squeezing of the rotator cuff and shoulder blade.
- Tendinosis: is the wearing out and inflammation of the rotator cuff tendons.
- Rotator Cuff Tear: caused by the Inflammation of the rotator cuff.
- Frozen shoulder: is when motion is restricted in the joints due to lack of use, inflammations, and adhesions.
- Soft-Tissue Injuries are of the following types:
- Contusions or bruises
- Stress Injuries
What do we offer?
Amrit Hospital offers a wide variety of services related to orthopedics. We have a treatment solution for any bone and joint issue. Some of our comprehensive services include:
- Joint Replacements include hip, shoulder, and knee
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- Trauma and Fracture Surgery
- Spinal Surgery
- Arthritis Management
- Pediatric Orthopedics
- Bone Tumor Management
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Osteoporosis Management
We, at Amrit Hospital, provide trauma care, as well as management of osteoporosis. We also provide treatment for the tears and strains that affect the ligaments, tendons, and cartilage.
We will provide the best care for any sort of orthopedic problem, right from a simple fracture to severe trauma, as we want to provide the best care for our patients. Our trauma care starts off with diagnosis and corrective treatment followed by physiotherapy and rehabilitation.